Chef Inspired Pairings: Fresh Fruit, artisan cheese & Blackberry Patch
Fruit & Cheese is a natural combination, and each of our fruit syrups, toppings, and preserves makes a wonderful complement to various artisan cheeses.
Use a slice of fresh fruit instead of a cracker for a gluten-free and low-carb treat with cheese: apple, kiwi, mango, and firm ripe peach or black plum were all used in our chef-inspired development.
Any of the following combinations will work with just the fruit and fruit syrup or just the cheese and fruit syrup, but the combination of fruit, cheese, and fruit syrup is the best. Cheeses were selected from Sweet Grass Dairy.
• thin slice of apple, Whole Blackberry Syrup or Harvest of Berries Blackberry, topped with fresh Lil Moo
• slice of Georgia Peach with Wild Mayhaw jelly and fresh Lil Moo
• crisp, black plum with Muscadine Preserves & Thomasville Tomme Cheese
• slice of Apple, Harvest of Berries or Signature Raspberry Syrup and a slice of Georgia Gouda
• Raspberry Harvest of Berries or syrup on kiwi fruit topped with Lil Moo
• Slice of fresh mango with Whole Blueberry Syrup [Signature or Harvest of Berries] & Georgia Gouda
• Slice of apple with Apple Butter Syrup [or spread] and slice of pork tenderloin. [Extra serving of the Apple Butter tops it off!]
• Slice of mango with Muscadine Preserves and add fresh Chevre for a real treat
• Rusk or Melba Toast with Wild Mayhaw jelly and Lil Moo is delightful
Other ideas: blend fruit syrup or Harvest of Berries with a common item such as apple sauce or ‘duck’ sauce for an enlightened flavor and texture.